This Good Morning Smoothie Bowl with Granola is a fun, simple way to get your family’s morning off to a great start!
Think of this Good Morning Smoothie Bowl as a simplified smoothie bowl. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good smoothie bowl, but when it comes to the weekday family breakfast, there isn’t much time for creating fancy schmancy smoothie bowls decorated with 10 different ingredients from hemp seeds to sliced figs.
(Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy creating the fancy schmancy bowls too, and so every once in a while it serves as a yummy mid-morning snack for this mama!)
What I love about this smoothie bowl is that it’s nutrient-packed without being fussy. Simply blend together the smoothie and top with a wholesome, low-sugar granola and 1 type of fresh berry or other fruit that you have on hand.
The simplicity and beauty of this smoothie bowl also appeals to kids. They won’t think about the fact that they are getting more than a serving of fruit, a dose of gut-friendly probiotics, and omega-3 fatty acid filled chia seeds. You could certainly add a handful of greens to the smoothie if you insist, but sometimes it’s fun to be just to let that strawberry pink hue shine through!
Need some granola recommendations? My family loves my homemade granola, as well as Chappaqua Crunch Granola, Purely Elizabeth Granola, and Go Lean Crunch.
- 1 cup kefir
- ½ cup vanilla Skyr or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or another frozen berry)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 cup granola
- a few sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Combine kefir, yogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, and chia seeds in a high-speed blender and process on high until smooth.
- Portion into 2 bowls and top with fresh berries and granola. Garnish with mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!