Interested in one-on-one nutrition counseling? Let’s work together!
I specialize in family and general nutrition and have a particular interest in helping parents navigate the tween and teen years. I take an intuitive eating, non-diet approach and can help you:
- Let go of diet culture
- Become a more intuitive eater
- Establish strategies to approach picky eating
- Learn how to nourish your growing tween or teen
- Properly fuel for sports or recreational exercise
- Teach your college student how to eat well while at school
- Help moms to be & new moms meet their nutrient needs
The first session lasts about an hour and includes a review of your health history and nutrition concerns, an analysis of a 3-day food record, and individualized recommendations. Together we will also come up with goals and an accountability and follow-up plan.
Schedule a free mini phone consult to see if working with me will be the right fit for you. You can also message me via email, Facebook, or Instagram.
Note, at this time I don’t accept insurance. However, this allows me more flexibility with our sessions, including the reason, the length, and the frequency.
Cooking Classes and Workshops
I’m also available for (currently virtually) cooking classes and group workshops! This is perfect for individuals who want 1:1 guidance in the kitchen and for groups looking to learn some of my go-to hälsa recipes. A workshop can incorporate cooking or be more of an interactive, group discussion.
Cooking classes are generally 2-3 hours long. Workshops are generally 1 hour long.
Sample Workshop Topics Include:
- Family Eating: End the Mealtime Battles
- Feeding Your Growing Adolescent
- Getting Started with Intuitive Eating
- The Importance of Omega-3’s
- The Role of Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Plant-Forward Eating
Interested in something else? Let me know and we can discuss!
Please contact me at maria@halsanutrition dot com for more information.