Carrot and Radish Top Pesto
This carrot and radish top pesto is the perfect way to use up those farmer's market greens! This pesto is delicious on everything from grilled chicken to quinoa to eggs. Use this recipe as a guide and adjust to what you have on hand, your preferences, and taste. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Want to keep it longer? Freeze in an ice cube tray and then pop the cubes into a resealable ziplock in the freezer for longer storage! Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh carrot top greens, rinsed and destemmed or sub kale or parsley
- 1 cup fresh radish top greens, rinsed or sub kale or parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, rinsed or use extra carrot or radish tops
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain cashews or your favorite nut or seed
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced plus more to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a small food processor. Pulse to process, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula every now and then.
Taste test and adjust with more lemon, salt or cashews as needed.