Baked Potato Bar
Creating a baked potato bar is so simple and a total crowd pleaser and perfect for families with varying food preferences or food allergies.
- 1 Russet potato per person
- 1 teaspoon avocado, grapeseed or olive oil per potato
- 1 dash Kosher salt per potato
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and scrub the potatoes. Dry and then pierce all over with a fork to let steam escape when baking.
Rub potatoes with a little oil and then sprinkle with a touch of salt. Place on oven racks with a sheet pan below for any dripping.
Bake for about 1 hour or until soft when pierced.
While the potato is baking, prep the sides. See list of side suggestions.
When ready to eat, cut a cross in the potato, push open, and top with desired toppings.
- Butter, vegan butter, or sour cream.
- Shredded cheese, feta cheese, or cottage cheese.
- Steamed broccoli.
- Beans or lentils.
- Leftover grilled/roasted chicken, pork tenderloin, or steak.
- Sliced or crumbled bacon.
- Smoked salmon.
- Turkey bolognese.
- Veggie chili.
- Mixed greens, microgreens, arugula, or baby spinach.
- Sliced red cabbage.
- Sauteed mushrooms.
- Anything else you can think of!