Family Favorite Dark Chocolate Bark
This family favorite dark chocolate bark gives everyone a stake at the toppings. Simply melt some high-quality dark chocolate and then decorate with your favorite toppings! You can make it all the same or divvy it up into several different topping areas.
- 11.5 ounces dark chocolate chips we like extra dark, 63% cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons toppings (see suggestions below)
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Add coconut oil and mix until blended. (Alternatively melt chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir every 15 seconds.)
Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to get it quite thin.
Top with salt (if using) and other suggested toppings. Spread toppings all over or divvy them up into sections for several different bark flavors.
Cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then break it apart and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Coarse salt (e.g., Kosher or Sea salt)
- Dried cranberries, cherries, or raisins
- Chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc.)
- Freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries
- Fresh pomegranate arils
- Chopped candy canes (look for all-natural, food-coloring free candy canes)