Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
This chocolate chia seed pudding is simple to blend together and makes a great snack or dessert. It's low in sugar, gluten-free, dairy-free, and gets a nutritional boost from the chia and cocoa or cacao. It makes 4 largish servings or 8 mini servings.
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (use the rest in a smoothie or freeze)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk)
- 4-6 pitted Medjool dates (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened real cocoa or cacao
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
Combine coconut milk through salt in a blender until dates are completely blended. (If using maple syrup you can just whisk by hand).
Mix in the chia seeds, blending until just combined. (Unless you want more of a smooth chia seed pudding, then blend until chia seeds are broken down).
Divide into 4 glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Fresh berries
- Freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries
- Coconut whipped cream
- Vanilla cashew cream
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cocoa nibs