Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegan chickpea salad sandwich is a fun, tasty way to mix up your usual sandwich routine. Use the best bread you can find, or if you don't want to risk the chickpeas falling out, serve it on wrap bread or in a pita. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced optional
- 2 T red onion, chopped or scallions
- 2 T fresh dill, chopped or parsley
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- 3 T vegan mayo or mashed avocado
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, chopped
- whole-grain bread or any other delicious bread
- lettuce or baby greens
- 1 slice tomato optional
In a medium bowl, mix together chickpeas through cashews. Mash some of the chickpeas with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Divide onto bread of choice and top with lettuce and tomato if desired. Or, serve over a salad with bread on the side! Enjoy.