Banana Bread Mini Muffins
These banana bread mini muffins are a fun twist on classic banana bread. Best of all, they cook up in a fraction of the time and you can even make the batter in a high-speed blender if you prefer.
Prep Time 15 minutes mins
Cook Time 12 minutes mins
Course Breakfast, Fika, Snack
- nonstick spray
- 3 large well-ripened bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or avocado or canola oil
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or regular sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oat flour (make sure oat flour is certified gluten-free if needed--you could always make your own by grinding oats in a food processor; white-whole wheat or spelt flour work well if not gluten-free)
- ½ cup almond flour
- chocolate chips dairy-free if needed
- walnuts, pecans, and/or pumpkin seeds
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until just blended.
Scoop batter into mini muffin cups so that they are about ¾ full. Add chocolate chips and/or walnuts to the top of each muffin, pushing in slightly with spoon or finger tops.
Mixing Bowl Instructions
Add bananas to the bowl and mash with a fork.
Add egg through baking powder to the mashed bananas. Beat well with an electric mixer. Slowly add the flours to the banana mixture, stirring just until combined.
Scoop batter into mini muffin cups so that they are about ¾ full. Add chocolate chips and/or nuts/seeds to the top of each muffin, pushing in slightly with spoon or finger tops.
Keyword afterschool snack, breakfast, dairy-free, gluten-free, kid-favorite, whole-grain