These 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls are a tasty snack and so simple to make. No oven or food processor needed! Dairy-free and gluten-free.
I don’t make a lot of peanut butter recipes, mainly because my 12-year old doesn’t like peanut butter or even the smell of it. So instead I usually use almond butter, as I did in these chewy granola bars. Or I give my kids options for toppings, like with these donut apples.
Peanut Butter Balls
But I recently found myself craving some kind of peanut butter and chocolate ball. And while I have a lot of tasty energy ball recipes on this site (cocoa-coconut bliss balls, coconut cashew bliss balls, pumpkin spice balls), they all require a food processor. I wanted something simpler. Something that even a college student could mix together in their dorm. Knowing that my other son would love this creation, I decided to give it a go.
Featured in this recipe are 4 simple ingredients:
- Old Fashioned Oats – for heart- and gut-healthy soluble fiber
- Natural, Unsweetened Peanut Butter – for healthy fat and protein to help fill you up and satisfy your hunger
- Honey – for natural sweetness (and to help hold the balls together!)
- Dark Chocolate Chips – for antioxidant-rich flavanols (for additional flavonoids and less sweetness use cocoa nibs for half or all of the chocolate chips!)
The verdict from my 10-year old son?
“Can you make more?”
I will take that as a win!
So whether you need an after-school snack for your kids or a mid-morning, post-workout snack, these 4-ingredient peanut butter balls fit the bill! All you need is a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, and a little arm muscle!
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix together.
- Use hands to form into 12-15 balls. The mixture will be a little sticky but should hold together well.
- Place in a resealable glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze for longer storage. Enjoy!