These tasty little turkey burger sliders will leave your whole family asking for another, which was all part of the plan–they are sliders after all!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase I will earn a commission.
These turkey burgers are a favorite at our house. I first made these as sliders after I realized that my younger son was more likely to eat a burger if it was more like a large, flattened meatball. He started eating sliders as if they were indeed meatballs, with the bun and toppings on the side, but eventually I guess was curious to see what the burger would taste like with the bun, and now enjoys the sliders the same way the rest of us do.
Of course, that is another great aspect of these sliders: they can be eaten with buns, such as the delicious brioche bun pictured here or they can be enjoyed without the bun and instead over a salad, rice, or pasta.
Grill or Saute
You can cook these versatile burgers on a grill or saute them on the stovetop. I usually grill them in my versatile Le Creuset grill pan. It’s easier than going outside to turn the grill on and allows for those perfect grill marks.
Make a Double Batch!
This recipe serves 3-4 people, yielding 2 sliders per person. Younger kids may be content with 1 while growing teenagers (and many parents) may want 3. This recipe is easy to double if you need more or if you want to batch cook and save time later. It really doesn’t take much longer, especially if you have a large skillet or grill and can cook most of them at once. They are perfect for pulling out for a quick lunch or dinner, I usually just reheat them in the microwave.
Finally, these turkey burger sliders are a healthful alternative to beef. The key to a good turkey burger is using a mix of dark and light turkey meat. You can also read the package and look for one that says around 94% lean. In addition, adding olive oil to the ground turkey mixture ensures that the sliders aren’t dry. And adding parsley, onion, and garlic gives them extra flavor while keeping them mild enough for young taste buds.
This recipe was adapted from Annie’s Eats recipe for Turkey Burgers.
Recipe text and photos updated in July 2020.
Turkey Burger Sliders
- 4 teaspoons oil, divided (canola, avocado, grapeseed, olive)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red or yellow onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slider buns (omit if gluten-free)
- Heat about 2 teaspoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2-4 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes, until fragrant, but not browned. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl, and let cool.
- Add the ground turkey, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper, to the bowl with the cooled onion and garlic mixture. Mix everything with a wooden spoon or your hands until well combined.
- Form mixture into 8 sliders and place onto a cutting board or sheet pan covered with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- If grilling, oil grates, or indoor grill pan, with about 2 teaspoons of oil first. Then heat grill and when hot cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. If cooking in a pan, heat nonstick pan over medium heat, add about 2 teaspoons of oil and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced tomato