This nourishing homemade granola is easy to make. The combination of real maple syrup and coconut adds an irresistible taste your whole family will love.
Granola, especially homemade granola, is one of my favorite foods. I strive for variety in my diet, but this is one food I eat in one form or another every week. Granola on yogurt, granola smoothie bowls, granola with milk, granola bars, or even just plain granola–there is just something so satisfying about granola when you are hungry.
Homemade Granola: Simple to Make
While I often buy granola as well, I know that homemade granola tastes better, saves money, and actually is quite easy to make. Once you have all the ingredients on hand it takes under 10 minutes to stir together and then another 40-45 minutes in the oven. Granola is also fun to make on your own because you can vary the ingredients to your liking or what you have on hand.
This has become our family’s go-to homemade granola. It provides about 14 half-cup servings, which these days, with two growing boys, doesn’t last long enough so I often double it. Definitely, give it a try, it so good. We like to call it Hälsa ‘Nola.
Like any recipe: follow it the first time, and then use it as a guide to make your own creation. Granola is like soup, it’s so forgiving, so don’t worry about changing up the ingredients a bit. When my kids were younger they preferred it without nuts, these days they like most nuts so I use what I have on hand and try to mix it up.
You Might Also Like:
Nourishing Homemade Granola
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats through pumpkin seeds.
- In a small pot, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt over medium heat on the stovetop until coconut oil is melted. Remove from heat and carefully pour over the granola. Use a spatula to get everything.
- Stir the granola until everything is combined and then transfer to the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring once or twice during the cooking process.
- Let cool and then transfer to a glass jar for storage. Enjoy!