Veggie Hummus Cups
These veggie hummus cups are the perfect appetizer for your next get-together. The individual containers are both practical and beautiful.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hummus and veggies are an appetizer classic in my book. Well-loved by most, it’s a simple appetizer idea that you can pull together ahead of time or last minute.
But sometimes not everyone wants to share the same bowl of hummus. That’s where these individual veggie hummus cups come in! No more sharing. No more being shy about sampling all the veggies. And can I just remark again on how pretty the presentation is?
Showcase Seasonal Veggies
While store-bought carrots and cucumbers are always a hit, this veggie hummus cup is also a great way to showcase seasonal veggies. Choose veggies that are available at your local farmers’ market, in your CSA, or from your garden.
Here are some seasonal veggie ideas:
Spring – asparagus (blanch or lightly steam first), radishes
Summer – bell peppers, zucchini, sugar snap peas, watermelon radishes
Fall – carrots, roasted root vegetables (sweet potatoes, turnips, yellow beets)
While it would be convenient to use plastic cups, I encourage you to skip the plastic and instead opt for reusable or compostable containers. The glass jars in these photos are Wecks mini tulip jars. They are fun for hummus and veggies, but also practical for overnight oats, chia pudding, yogurt parfaits, and homemade chia seed jam.
Choose Your Hummus
If you ask me, homemade hummus is always the best. But that said, I also know how busy life gets and fully endorse store-bought hummus as well.
You can easily jazz up store-bought hummus with a drizzle of olive oil or lemon juice and a sprinkle of paprika or chopped parsley. (It’s what I did in these pics!)
Not a hummus fan? You could easily serve these veggie cups with another sauce as well, ranch dressing, guacamole, and sour cream mixed with mayo and chopped chives would all be great.
Veggie Hummus Cups
- 2-4 carrots
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 1 English cucumber
- 2-3 radishes
- 8 ounces hummus plus more as needed
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Wash veggies. Peel and trim as needed. Slice into 4-6 inch sticks (depending on what height looks good with your container).
- Place a dollop, about 2 tablespoons, of hummus into each container. (Jazz up hummus with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or lemon juice if desired).
- Add the veggies, mindfully placing an assortment into each container. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve, for up to a day. Serve on a rustic cutting board or pretty tray.
Leave a Reply