Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kebabs
These grilled chicken and veggie kebabs are perfect for simple warm-weather grilling. You will have rainbow on your plate.
Whether you are looking for something to grill for a weeknight dinner or when entertaining, this chicken and veggie kebab is perfect. Both festive and simple at the same time, this colorful kebab is also suitable for a variety of diets. Kids will like it as it’s fun to get food served on a stick (and easy to pick out any veggies that they aren’t particularly keen on!).
A Little Prep
The key to the simplicity of this dinner is preparing the kebabs ahead of time. Make the marinade and prepare the kebabs around 1-8 hours before grill time. Then just place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill. Aside from the marinating, this recipe is quite quick to prepare.
For a really quick dinner idea serve with whole wheat couscous* cooked in chicken broth for added flavor and a green salad. You could add a dollop of parsley pesto to the chicken or just drizzle the whole meal with your salad dressing.*Couscous has long been a favorite in our house because it cooks up in just 5 minutes and you can make cool couscous castles with it.
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into about 8 squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into about 8 squares
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt.
- Add the chicken and veggies and toss to combine.
- Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers.
- Grill for 8-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.