Mini Oat and Yogurt Tarts
These mini oat and yogurt tarts would be a fun surprise after school or for breakfast. Made with whole grain oats and filled with vegan vanilla yogurt they are a nourishing, plant-based snack the whole family will love.
Disclosures: I received free samples from Forager Project in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. In addition, some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase I will earn a commission.
Liven up Snack Time!
It’s so easy to get into a rut when it comes to our snacks and meals. Now more than ever we need a sprinkle of fresh and fun in our days.
Enter these mini oat and yogurt tarts. They take just 5 minutes to stir together and then another 10 minutes in the oven. You can make the tarts ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to a week. Alternatively, you could pop them in the freezer for longer storage.
Vanilla Cashew Yogurt
Yogurt is a staple in our house, whether for serving with granola, mixing with muesli, adding to overnight oats, or making smoothies. And I love that there are delicious vegan yogurt options, like Forager, available these days.
Yogurt provides an array of probiotics, good bacteria that help promote a healthy gut and overall health. Adding a dollop or two of yogurt to these tarts makes for an irresistible combination that you and your kids will love. Eat them with your hands, but use a plate as it could get messy!
Whole grain oats are a staple in our house. Oats are loaded with soluble fiber that promotes digestion and acts as a prebiotic to support all the probiotics in the yogurt. (Prebiotics are essentially food for the probiotics–you need to consume both!)
Combining the oats with white whole wheat flour or spelt flour gives additional fiber and protein. Both are important for giving us long-lasting energy.
I used silicone muffin liners placed into a muffin pan to make these tarts. You could also use paper liners but the reusable silicone ones are earth-friendly and naturally non-stick. Plus they are great to use in lunch boxes for younger kids.
Mini Oat and Yogurt Tarts
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Forager vanilla cashew yogurt
- 1 cup raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 9 silicone baking liners (or paper liners) in a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sunflower seeds, and salt.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or on a stovetop. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla and then add to the oat mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Portion the oat crumble mixture into the 9 muffin tins. Use your fingers to press down and compress the mixture, pushing it up just a little along the sides to form a scooped out area that will hold the yogurt.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until starting to get golden. Remove and let cool for a bit. Then, carefully remove the muffin liners and fill the tarts with the Forager vanilla yogurt and top with raspberries or blueberries. Sore any unused tarts (without yogurt and fruit) for up to a week in a sealed container at room temperature.