Looking for a nourishing snack or breakfast idea to add to your repertoire? Then you have to give this Golden Milk Chia Pudding a try!
This pudding is made with siggi’s coconut yogurt, one of my favorite yogurt brands. In addition to its great taste, this yogurt is high in protein and lower in sugar than traditional varieties. Siggi’s yogurt is made with simple ingredients for just the right amount of flavor and sweetness. And, of course, it has all those gut-healthy probiotics too!
The Might Chia Seed
Another key ingredient of this recipe? Chia seeds!
I’m a huge fan of chia seeds. Did you know that 1 chia seed can hold 12 times its weight in water? Yep, this water absorption is partly what makes it so suitable for pudding. (It also makes it great for making homemade jam.)
Chia seeds are also packed with important nutritional components, including:
- fiber (a 2-tablespoon serving has 11 grams!)
- omega-3-fatty acids (a serving has 5 grams!)
If you have been reading this blog for a while, you probably know that I’m a lover of all things cardamom. So I’m pretty excited that this recipe features one of my favorite spices.
It also has turmeric, which has been shown to have natural anti-inflammatory components. The catch is that in order to maximize its absorption you need a dash of black pepper. Hence the black pepper in the recipe!
It’s the combination of turmeric and ginger, another natural anti-inflammatory, along with cinnamon, that are key to making a “Golden Milk.” If you are a fan of this combo then you have to also check out my Iced Ginger Turmeric Smoothie–it’s soo good!
Simplify Your Life with Meal Planning!
There is no question that planning your meals can help you eat well and save time and money. But I also get that meal planning takes a lot of time and energy. On most weeks I use my simplified meal planning template and theme nights to quickly plan out dinners.
But if you want an even quicker approach, new ideas, or a complete breakfast through dinner plan, I highly recommend checking out Living Plate. My recommendation for everyone is to use Simple Eats. This gives you a non-diet approach to planning meals and has no restrictions. It’s perfect for families and this Golden Milk Chia Pudding is just one of the delicious recipes featured on it.
Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1 5.3 ounce container siggi’s coconut ?yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch black pepper (will help you absorb turmeric, but totally optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Place milk through syrup in a large mason jar (should be able to hold at least 2 1/2 cups) or bowl and cover and shake or whisk to combine. Add chia seeds and shake/whisk again.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then shake/whisk again.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Portion into 2-3 servings (depending on your appetite!) and enjoy with fresh berries and a dollop of coconut yogurt if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.